The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial fund offers free scholarship cum stipend to merit, talented students who are taking part in doctoral studies Ph.D courses. This scholarship Is given in different areas of subjects such as Physics, Chemical, Mathematics, Biology, Computers, Engineering, Environment, Religion, Culture, History, Sociology, Economics and more. All the application form must be sent to the committee before April may every year.
The duration for this scholarship will be only upto 2 years for each individual applicant. Using candidates can pay for their tuition fees prescribed by the institution, expense for study tours, book purchases, stationary and etc. It is also to note that only Indian nationalists or Asian country nationalists can apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria to apply
So before you step onto applying process you have to get familiar with criteria to apply. Any candidate who wants to get this scholarship must and should pass the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
- Students must have scored 60% marks in Master’s degree
- The Candidate age limit must be less than 35 ears
- The present study must be full time Ph.D, scholar
- Candidate must have written either GATE or NET common test
- Should have scored good marks and valid score in Gate or NET
How to Apply for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2018
All the candidates and applicants who want to apply for the scholarship must and should follow below procedure. First you must apply application, then interview will be taken for selection.
- First candidates should download the application form from online
- Next you have to take print out copy, fill the form accurately
- After that send the application form filled with all attested documents in an envelope to the address below
Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011
- After applying, the candidates will be called for interview by the committee
- Scholarship will be awarded only after passing the interview and selection will be final
Here are the documents that need to be included along with the application form.
- Passport size photograph of applicant pasted on application form
- Synopsis of 1500 words in around 4 pages with double space
- Doctoral monitoring committee or supervisors report
- Post order or demand draft or Rs.100/
- Ph.D course registration certificate
So follow the above steps and apply for your scholarship carefully. Also remember to submit all documents with application form correctly. Last thing is to send the application form before the last date of application registration to get accepted..